Applications Are Now Open for The 2018 Slingshot Guide!
Application Due Date: October 19, 2017
To Access the Application CLICK HERE
For more information on the application, eligibility guidelines and selection criteria please read our
SLINGSHOT GUIDE 2018 APPLICATION GUIDE HERE.
The Slingshot Guide is resource guide to Jewish innovation published on an annual basis, celebrating the 50 most innovative organizations and projects in Jewish life in North America. First published in 2005 as a tool for Next Gen funders, the guide is now read by tens of thousands of people every year, who are seeking to find, fund and connect to innovation in Jewish life. The 2018 Slingshot Guide will be published in Spring 2018.
Editions/Supplements: The 2018 Chicago Edition
In 2018, we will also be publishing The 2018 Slingshot Guide: Chicago Edition. If you would like to apply for the Chicago Edition, you must also apply for the National Slingshot Guide.
To be eligible, organizations/programs must serve a North American Jewish community
and have been in operation for at least one year.
- Is your project innovative in that it is creative, inventive, pioneering or groundbreaking in responding to the changing needs of the Jewish community?
- Are you meeting an unmet need, or serving an underserved population, in a different or new way?
- Do your activities have significant impact on the North American Jewish Community (beyond fundraising), and do you have enough data and experience to demonstrate that impact?
- Is your organization or project in a financially secure and stable place?
- Does your organization or project provide leadership to the field in which you work some way?
If you answered, “yes” to all of these questions, your organization sounds like it would be a strong candidate for inclusion in Slingshot ’18. If you are unsure if you are eligible to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to a Slingshot staff member.
Why Should I Apply?
More than 80% of organizations featured in receive increased or new funding due to their inclusion, almost 90% receive media attention, and most build partnerships with other innovative organizations. Slingshot also exposes featured organizations to a network of next gen funders. The bottom line – Slingshot is a national seal of approval that can be used to further a variety of goals in creative ways.
Is There Guaranteed Funding Attached?
No, selection for the guide does not guarantee funding from Slingshot. The Slingshot Fund makes grants of up to $30,000 to a select number of projects featured in Slingshot. Organizations selected for a Slingshot Guide in any given year are eligible to be considered for funding from the Slingshot Fund in that year.
How Do I Apply?